Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Week #1 - Provo MTC - October 26, 2019

Hey Everyone,

Hola! So I wasn't nervous at all on the plane ride to Utah, but when I started pulling up to the MTC, I became really anxious. But after 3 days, it's been pretty cool. All the people are really nice. I'm very glad I'm in Provo and not Mexico City. Nothing very grand has happened yet. The food is not good though. Whoever told me that it was good beforehand was lying. But yeah, I'm liking it so far. Everyone says the first week is really slow, and then all the sudden you're out of the MTC, but we'll see. I got my companion the first day, Elder Kempler, and we're both going to Chiclayo, Peru and speaking Spanish, so that's pretty comforting to know.

Speaking of Spanish I've learned more here in 3 days than 2 years of school, so if that tells you anything about the education system... But I'm not really able to construct sentences although I can understand most of what they say. I'm in a room with 4 guys and we call the dorm "The Hood", mostly because I'm from Detroit and my companion is from LA. We came up with hand signals which are basically from the primary song Book of Mormon Stories, so as you can tell, we're real thugs! The other two guys in the dorm have beanie hats so we are calling ourselves "the beanie gang". I didn't have a beanie hat and was about to buy one from the store, but then I got a package that day and inside it was a beanie hat! What??? It was a perfect gift! Thanks Grandma! We also have three hermanas in our district. Anyways, I'm having a good time but the past three days really have felt like a month!

I did hear a story about  this cat that walks around the campus all the time. And a few months ago some guys gave the cat the priesthood by putting their hands on it's head, but then they were kicked out and sent home for that. A stupid reason to go home. A little bit funny, but not cool!

I'm hoping I don't have a problem keeping my focus and not letting things distract me, so I hope it's not too much to ask for you guys to pray for me about that. 

I'll write again next Saturday.

Alex

Elder Dyal with his MTC roommates
L to R - Elders Dyal, Palmer, Christensen, Kempler

With Elder Kempler in their dorm room

At the Provo MTC on P-day

It snowed in Provo!

No comments:

Post a Comment