Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Monday, March 2, 2020

Week #19 - La Union, Chiclayo - March 2, 2020

Hey guys,

So this last week I realized I had 4 months on my mission, which is kinda crazy. I feels like only a couple weeks, but at the same time it feels like it's been forever out here in Peru. But this last week was a bit difficult because not a single investigator showed up to church. On our way to our meetings on Sunday, we passed by one of our investigators that lives in front of the church. We invited him to go with us and he was like: "Yeah I'll be there in a minute." And we waited in front of the chapel for him but he never showed up. But it's all good. We'll keep trying.

I went on an interchange the other day, and the guy who went with me didn't talk too much so I was put in a position where I finally needed to take the lead in everything we did. It's been difficult for me with the last two companions I've had because they love to talk and pretty much dominate the conversation. So this time, I was able to teach the way I wanted to and I was surprised how well I did. One of the people we taught wanted to argue with me about doctrine, so I just showed him scriptures to prove my points, and then continued to teach normally. And then another lesson I taught was to a family and it was on the Plan of Salvation. I felt really good after that interchange because I was able to lead all of it! My companion was very quiet, but he contributed some of the time.

I'm pretty anxious to see some new things because I've been in this same area the whole time I've been in Peru. I'm excited to go east towards the jungle or mountains, but wherever I go it'll be fine as long as I see something new. It'll be about 4 more weeks until another transfer.

Also there are a bunch of Inca statues that we took pictures with today. I couldn't really tell you what they were, but they looked cool. We also had pizza with some other people from our zone. Better than chicken and rice every day...

-Elder Dyal







No comments:

Post a Comment