Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week #18 - La Union, Chiclayo - February 24, 2020

Hey guys,

Like I mentioned last week, changes happened and I'm still in the same area, but with ELDER DIAZ from Argentina. Its been pretty lit. He's pretty chill. But the last week its been discouraging because our investigators with a baptism date all seemed to disappear. We couldn't get a hold of them for one reason or another. In one of the families we teach, their grandma is really sick, so its been impossible to find them because they're always visiting her. Which I understand, but they missed their baptism date because of this unfortunate news. The other family just disappeared and blocked our number. A few people actually blocked our number who we THOUGHT had potential, but that happens. More often than I had hoped. We'll keep trying. 

Its been pretty nice not falling back on my English with my new comp. Exactly what I need to get pushed further and now I don't even notice that I'm speaking another language anymore, it's pretty cool. I've even had dreams in Spanish now. My companion confuses me sometimes though because he'll use Argentinian slang, but he's pretty cool and he's teaching me some stuff. I'm trying to teach Elder Diaz English slang, but he doesn't really understand. He only knows like two works: crap and gangster. So he'll use those words in weird context and it's pretty funny. One of my biggest worries coming on my mission was learning a new language. and I'm feeling pretty confident about now even though I'm learning more every day. 

We found these kids who happened to be a member reference, and each time we visit them they want to play chess and we also play around with their kittens. So that's definitely a win. But this week just consisted of searching for new people because our others disappeared. So other than that, not much happened. Next week I hope to write a more eventful email. Maybe with some actual baptism on the horizon.

Elder Dyal

Elder Dyal's zone with Elder Alonso of the Seventy 
and President and Sister Balderrama

 Elder Dyal and his new companion, Elder Diaz from Argentina
This is Elder Diaz's last area before he goes home.

 Elder Diaz and his candy

Elder Dyal looking at the window to his apartment in Chiclayo


Walking the dusty roads of Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment