Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Monday, February 17, 2020

Week #17 - La Union, Chiclayo - February 17, 2020

Hey everyone, 

Sorry I didn't write last week. Trying to get better at it. Anyway, so today we had changes and I'm still in the same area, which has been my first area. It's also the mission president's ward, so I'll be staying here for a total of at least three transfers, so all of that is super fun. My companion is changing today, and I found out that I'll be with a native. So at least for the next six weeks, I'm probably not going to speak any English, which I'm actually excited about. I know it will help a lot with getting better at my Spanish. Also, we just changed apartments. A few people in the ward helped us so it got done quickly. But yeah besides that, this Saturday if things go smoothly, which doesn't always happen, we should have 4 baptisms. So I'm excited to see what will happen this time around. 

This week we found some religious fanatics who were quoting random bible scriptures to us (which I'm pretty sure weren't even the right verses), and they didn't actually understand the meaning of them either. This isn't the first time people have done this. But the people this week I thought were super funny because during our whole lesson, one of the guys would talk to us about something, then try to tag a bible verse to his comment, like everything he said was prophetic. I don't know if we'll get very far with these guys. 

My new companion's name is Elder Dias and he's from Argentina. Like I said, I'm pretty excited to really be able to learn a lot more Spanish this way. I'm already feeling pretty comfortable with Spanish, but I'm no where near fluent.

Elder Dyal  

 A local fruit called maracuya, a type of passion fruit

 Finally got to eat some pizza! 

 Desks in the apartment

 View from outside the apartment

 SELFIE CLOSEUP

 Some investigators

 A family in our ward

Another investigator

No comments:

Post a Comment