Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Week #3 - Provo, MTC - November 9, 2019

Hi Everyone,

There isn't too much to report from this week. We're just learning Spanish everyday and learning Preach my Gospel in depth. I'm not going to lie, it's extremely hard learning a new language but I feel I'm understanding more and more everyday but it's still difficult for me to speak cohesively. Despite the fact that it's hard, I'm still having a fun time out here. I'm trying to prepare myself the best I can so I don't have too much of a culture shock, but even so I know it's inevitable. 

On Tuesday I sang in the missionary choir for the devotional. Like ten minutes before the devotional started, we were informed that Elder Uchtdorf was coming to speak to us. Everyone got really excited. When he walked into the room, everyone stood up as a sign of respect, and the spirit filled the room.  He gave a really good talk about how to be a successful missionary. His main focus was that if we want to be successful on our mission, we should focus on the things that we have control over, like our thoughts, feelings and actions. He also told us that a missionary's influence extends far beyond what we see or even know. He told many interesting stories that I wish I had time to write out here. But I took several pages of notes in my notebook. Even after he left, the spirit continued through the day. That was really cool because Elder Uchtdorf is one of my favorite speakers. 

So I'm doing good. I hope I'll be able to say more next week but until then, PLEASE email me! Those letters really make my day!

Elder Dyal





No comments:

Post a Comment