Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Week #2 - Provo MTC - November 2, 2019

Hi everybody,

Well here I am officially into my second week of the mission. The MTC has been interesting so far. It's just routine now so there's nothing too interesting going on in the day. We try to make it as fun as we can though, especially since learning Spanish can be discouraging and frustrating sometimes, although we are learning a lot every day. It seems like we're in a constant state of exhaustion. But it's funny watching my whole district attempting to stay awake in class. Everyone's eyes are fluttery and everyone is trying to act awake and normal. I will say though, it's infinitely less funny when it's me and I'm feeling like passing out.

I'm happy that we have workout time everyday because that's what I always forward to. The gym isn't the greatest, and it's always very crowded. My favorite is playing basketball and showing everyone up! Then I'll either go running on the track or workout my arms, chest, back, and legs depending on the day. 

Halloween wasn't really Halloween here. Except that my companion, Elder Kempler, dressed up as Harry Potter. I thought it was funny that he came prepared to the MTC with a costume. He was the only person dressed up so we got our fair share of funny looks in our direction the whole day. I thought it would be funny to dress up as Hagid but I decided against it because we were planning to teach somebody that day. I had a pillow that I was going to put under my shirt and a beard I made out of black construction paper, but then decided against it. We taught the discussions in English and it went pretty well, but when we tried it in Spanish, it wasn't so good. We have a long way to go!

The spirit is very strong here at the MTC. It's very nice to have it constantly around. I feel the spirit in class especially. It helps me really keep my focus on what I'm learning. I've already had a lot  of mental and spiritual growth, and I have also grown a lot in the language. 

I really appreciate any emails that you can send me. I really look forward to them every day. I can read them anytime of the week and then I can respond on Saturdays. I've gotten a few care packages too that have made my day! Thanks for your prayers. I can feel them in my life every day.

Elder Dyal

Elder Kempler was Harry Potter for Halloween

 Candid picture of Elder Dyal in class

 Another candid picture studying in bed

 Hands got beat up from boxing during exercise time

Studying to be a missionary is tiring!

1 comment:

  1. Tired in class. I remember that well! One elder in my district would get so sleepy he would rip farts in class. Hilarious. Except to the 2 hermanas in class. And the elder that did it. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete