Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Monday, June 15, 2020

Week #34 - Santa Rosa, California - June 15, 2020

Hey guys,

So we had transfers today, after only 4 weeks. I've been here for 3 weeks so it's been pretty crazy. There has just been so many new reassigned missionaries coming into this mission. My mission president wants to get transfers back on a 6 week schedule so they should be normal after this. I'm still in the same area (in Sonoma, basically in Santa Rosa), but I moved apartments for some reason. Now I'm living with 5 other guys and a new companion. I'm still in a missionary trio. Since there are so many missionaries now its pretty insane with the housing situation, but most of you probably know that.

So, another think is my Facebook got hacked! So that's fun. I'm back to just sitting around doing nothing cause I can't go Facebook finding. But a couple sisters that live nearby asked us to go to the church and help with getting to know someone they were teaching. This was actually the first face-to-face missionary work I've done since Peru. It looks like things are starting to slowly get back to normal; California is still a little slow with opening up here. 

I have a new mission President that will be arriving at the end of June (Pres and Sis Puffer) and everyone's a little anxious to meet him. I was still in the process of getting to know my current mission president here, but its all cool. I really hope things get back to normal cause I'm kinda losing my mind. But I'm still amazed by how beautiful northern Cali is. I hope that doesn't get old.

Elder Dyal

 The scenery next to the church building

A church member gave me this Cali hat

No comments:

Post a Comment