Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Monday, June 29, 2020

Week #36 - Santa Rosa, California - June 29, 2020

So I did the math and I realized that a couple days ago I just finished 1/3 of my mission. I gotta be honest, it's been pretty wild with all this stuff that's going on! So today was the last day that my current mission president will be here. He leaves tomorrow. And the new one just came in, President Puffer, so it's been pretty crazy. But we're all super excited to meet the new guy.

So this week has been pretty interesting. Last P-Day my companion tried to do a front flip, but he landed on it weird and messed up his hand. His entire hand was pretty swollen for a couple of days so we went to urgent care and he straight up broke his middle finger. So now he's been wearing this stupid looking cast around, and he's probably going to have to get surgery on his birthday that is coming up. So we've all been making fun of him this last week. Besides that, we’re really starting to get the ball moving around here! We’ve been able to have a lot of in-person lessons lately. And I finally feel like I finally understand subjunctive in Spanish now too, so I sound a lot better when I talk.

There was this family that we planned on meeting in a park a couple days ago to teach, but we couldn't find them anywhere. So we started talking to people in the park. Then out of the blue, a couple of homeless people walked up to us and they were actually super genuine with some questions they had. They told us that they used to be members but they had a really bad set of cards the last few years, and they'd been praying and seeing miracles in their life that have helped them on a day-to-day basis. They didn’t know where an LDS church was so they asked if they could maybe get in contact with the bishop. So we were able to help them contact him. I would've been feeling sketch about the whole situation but I just had a feeling we were probably an answer to their prayers.

So we'll see how the next few weeks go. We all feel there's going to be big, big changes with the new president. And we're also getting like 35 more missionaries. So I'll keep everyone updated.

Elder Dyal

 Elders with some investigators

 Elder Hakanson, Elder Dyal, Elder Wells

 Chillin' up at the church building

BEFORE a haricut

AFTER a haircut 

Elder Hakanson's broken finger

No comments:

Post a Comment