Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Week #4 - Provo, MTC - November 16, 2019

Hey everyone,

This week has been sort of interesting. Still up early every day and learning lots of Spanish. But then on Tuesday, I got sick so I missed class. Don't know if it was the food or just exhausted, but everything was out of whack! Missing class one day didn't hinder my Spanish at all though. 

Also this week, my district had a service project. We were working with one of the janitors named Christian. We got to know him pretty well. He was very friendly and was from Peru, so my companion and I instantly got along well with him. I think he mostly liked us because he knew we were going to Peru on our mission. He liked talking to us about it. The next day, our teaching assignment got messed up, so we were told to to to a new room to teach a different person. We walked in and it was Christian the janitor! He spoke some pretty fast Spanish but I could understand about 60% of what was said. We were able to teach the whole lesson in pretty decent Spanish. It's amazing how I've only been here 3 weeks and I already know so much!

For devotional this week, they showed us the church's new Nativity video that is about to be released to the public next week. It's called "The Christ Child" and it was so good. The best nativity movie I've seen so far. It comes out next weekend and I strongly recommend looking it up and watching it.

The spirit here is incredibly strong. Even when I do something pretty stupid and look back on it, the spirit still comes back to me. Since being ordained a missionary, there truly is a difference and I feel it. I know that what I'm doing here is the work of the Lord. I can't wait until I leave for Peru, I'll continue to update you guys and I'll be sure to take more pictures.  I've been slacking on that. None this week, sorry! 

Elder Dyal 

No comments:

Post a Comment