Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Week #40 - Santa Rosa, California - July 27, 2020

Hey all,

So, it's been a busy day, plus I'm bad at weekly's, so I'm going to be be real quick.

The hermanas in our district had a baptism this week, but because the governor of California shut down all our counties again, they weren't able to do the baptism at the church. So we had the baptism at the next best place - one of the beaches in North Cali, but it also happened to be pretty cold that day! And the water was freezing. My comp was asked to baptize her, so we went with the hermanas, and it was actually pretty cool to witness. But my poor comp was shaking in the water, since the water was so cold, but it was a neat experience.

I had a pretty out-of-world experience earlier this week. So there's this lady and her daughter that we've been teaching, I mentioned it in one of my other emails (look at the July 13 post) and they're really awesome to teach! They've practically read the whole BOM and we only gave it to them like a month ago. The mother has already set a baptismal date last week, but the daughter is more hesitant to take that leap. This last Tuesday though, we had a really cool lesson and toward the end, they started telling us about their past. While they were doing this I started to feel really strange. It's very difficult to explain what happened, but my mind just opened, and I feel like could kind of see and feel exactly what they were thinking and why they were thinking it. I've never felt anything like it before. We were asking the daughter about baptism again, and she was still very hesitant, so I decided to tell her the story of a convert that I taught in Peru and how I saw his desire to change, and how it was so powerful to me. She stopped me in the middle of my story and told me: "The way you're talking to me right now, is convincing me. There's like magic in your words or something." We knew she was feeling the spirit and needless to say, my comps and I set a baptismal date for her that day, and we're all super excited for her!

I don't have much else to say, so have a good week. And here's some cute pics...


Elder Dyal

 The daughter of our investigator

 Going to the beach for the baptism

 The Elders and Hermanas

 In our masks

 The ocean baptism

 I am one with the earth!

 On the beach

With the Hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment