Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Monday, February 3, 2020

Week #15 - La Union, Chiclayo - February 3, 2020

Hey everyone,

I have been having a pretty hard time this last week or so only because people have been really testing my patience. There was literally one guy who told me how bad of a missionary I was after we contacted him. And some other members have treated me like that as well, which has been pretty discouraging and sometimes frustrating. I think because I'm still new and learning the language so I'm not taken very seriously. But other than that, the week has been a pretty good one.

There is this family who we are teaching who got fired from their job and decided to start a business on a corner where they sell hamburgers. We were a bit worried about them because they were in a bad situation and we had to present them with the Sabbath Day and not working on Sundays. They surprised us like crazy when they said they'll follow the day of rest, and even better, they did! And they went to church with us on Sunday, too. We've never seen people with such great faith here, but I know they were prepared from God because of this. 

But its been pretty cool. Every time I'm put in a position where I can only speak Spanish, I feel like my Spanish gets better a ton, and I know that it's God helping me speak and communicate.

But yeah, its super cool here, its just hard sometimes but everyday gets better.


Elder Dyal

No comments:

Post a Comment