Alex is serving from the Canton Michigan Ward in the Chiclayo Peru mission from October 2019 to November 2021.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Week #10 - La Union, Chiclayo - January 1, 2020

Hey guys,

Wow, it's crazy that I'm almost done with my first transfer. This has been the longest month of my life, but at the same time when I look back, its seems like it just flew by. That's insane. 

Either way, I can't remember too much of what happened this week. On New Years Eve, everyone was drunk in the middle of the street so that made contacting pretty entertaining. I can't understand anyone if they're drunk, it just sounds like noises and I try not to laugh because I think its pretty funny. But usually we avoid the drunk people.

Anyways, I'm actually having a hard time typing this in English which is pretty weird. I'm in no way near fluent, but some words I'll literally think in Spanish and I go like, woah. Its really weird to me cause I've only been here one month. Either way, its been some extremely hard few weeks but its all good now that I'm starting to understand.

There was this guy that I taught when I went on intercambios, and he wanted to be baptized immediately even though we didn't teach him anything yet. And then the next couple days he couldn't be found, so it seems like this guy just disappeared after he realized what he just agreed to do. It was pretty funny, but like seriously, we don't know where he went. It was super strange.

We've been having some unsuccessful efforts cause a family that wanted to be baptized changed their mind so... and one of our guys that was about to be baptized was sick so we moved the date next week. So yeah. But I'm not worried. I try to keep the best attitude here because its easy to get discouraged.

So yeah every P Day we play soccer, and I hate soccer, so I'll probably lose my mind by the end of these two years. 

Anyways, I'm really low on time, but at least I have pictures this week.

Elder Dyal

Elder Dyal and Elder Beazer with Papa Noel 

 President and Sister Balderrama at the Mission Christmas Party

 After singing on stage at the Mission Christmas Party
(Elder Dyal is 3rd from the left)

 Mission Christmas Party
(Elder Dyal is towards the back - you can barely see his head)

Peru Chiclayo Mission Picture
(Elder Dyal's head is barely visable from the back row on the left side)

No comments:

Post a Comment